Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Crazy Day of Dis-repair


(warning: picture has nothing to do with this post)
So yesterday was the day that everything fell apart. Well not everything, it just seemed like it at the time. I woke up early thanks to my little monster, and I fed her while lying in bed. Well, she decided to leave my bed the little gift of a leaky diaper. So I proceeded to do the laundry by starting with my sheets. I pulled them out of the dryer and put them on the bed, and noticed that my fitted sheet was completely shredded at the foot, I have no idea how that happened.
Then, onto the second broken thing of the day. We went to take Rosalie on a walk because she was going crazy sitting inside the house, and the stroller has a flat tire. Which I just filled with air a couple of days ago, so that must mean I need to replace the tube in the tire.
I went to throw the shredded sheets away, and our trash can is now broken. The pedal to open the lid does not work. So weird.
I know that those are not at all big things, and not a big deal at all. It was just crazy dealing with that and a headache, and a tired baby, and groceries that somehow didn't make it from our cart to checkout to our car making me have to return to the grocery store made for a pretty hectic day yesterday. When all I wanted was a day off from the norm to have a vacation day of doing nothing with Sean and Rosalie.

On a side note, I made Rosalie laugh so so so hard today, it was great! I wish I had caught it on camera, I have never heard her laugh that hard before.

Also, is there any way to get her to go to sleep for Sean? If she wakes up for her pacifier and he goes in to comfort her or to give it back to her she starts crying hysterically. It seems that lately all she wants is me. Me when she is 30 minutes away from eating time, me when she is 1 hour from nap time, me me me. I don't mean being near her either, she wants me to be holding her. I know it is a good workout, but my biceps, triceps and back need a break every once and a while to recover from carrying around a 15 lb. weight. Is this just a phase and I'm going to have to stick it out? Or is there some way to convince her that other people can take care of her just as well as I can?

1 comment:

Zachary said...

Our sheets shredded like that the other day too, it sucks. Luckily for us it was Shana who made the discovery, so I quickly blamed it on her :)