Monday, September 14, 2009

Aspirations

(old picture, I know)
I want to be so many things.

I want to be a super mom: I want to teach Rosalie all that she needs to know, and have patience with her when she is driving me crazy. I want to be able make her happy all of the time and be able to know what she wants all of the time and be able to do everything she needs all of the time.

I want to be a better wifey: Sometimes I can be very snappy with Sean, even though things aren't his fault. I need to work on that.

I want to be a super blogger and actually have readers or followers: I need to write about more interesting topics and have some wit, but I am really not a witty or funny person. Sean never laughs at my jokes, apparently I don't have a good sense of what is funny.

I want to be an amazing baker and chef, let's face it, my kitchen cuisine is pretty tired: I think I make the same recipes over and over. I think I will start trying a new recipe every week. It is just that I hate buying new ingredients, it can get expensive. I think I will post the new recipe I try each week too, then maybe it will make my blog more interesting.

I want to be better spiritually: I need to remember to read my scriptures and say my prayers and write in my journal and read the ensign and visit teach... I have a lot to work on. I also need to be better at doing the same thing with my family.

I want to be a good photographer: I think I just need to practice, but Rosalie gets mad at me if I take too many pictures she gets bored. There is no way I can get Sean to pose for me either. Maybe I just need more subjects, or a good photography book so I can learn more about lighting and posing and all that fun stuff. Maybe when I get more time and money.

I want to be a good homemaker: I try, but it is impossible to keep things as clean as I would like. I'm also not very organized, I am cluttered. I think I need to work on my pack rat tendencies.

I want to be better at saving money: I think I need to learn to get things with coupons, but it is just so tedious that I have just given up.

I want to be better at the violin: I think the first thing I should do here is to actually make time for practicing. I always put that last and it never gets done.

I want to be in shape: This is going to require me not saying I am too tired to go to the gym. I am so lazy.

I want to be so many things, I have so much to work on. Hopefully I can somehow do it all.

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

I thought that your house was very clean! If you ever want to feel better come peak at mine. And just so you know I regularly check your blog and I enjoy it.

Linda said...

Court! Your post was wonderful in so many levels. My favorite part is that you aspire to be the best version of yourself that you can be. I admire you for thinking out loud while you write, because it inspires me too while you are sorting your goals. To me.... al those things you wrote about are like " laundry"... you can get it all caught up here and there.... but there will always be more.... there is always so much to learn, and to improve on! You are doing marvelous. We could not have hoped for a better wife. MOMMY, daughter in law.... we admire and respect you because you always have hopes and dreams. Sean is blessed to have you and Rosalie... and so are WE!!! For the Record.... I am a follower of your BLOG! I know I don't count as much, but can I tel you how much I enjoy reading what you post. I love my family, you are all the BEST! xoxoxox

Marce said...

Court, you are soooooo cute. I love your blog- and am a follower (in case you didn't notice). I hope that you know that you inspire me all the time! you are one of the most thoughtful people I know. I will try to call you tomorrow- And tell you how much Ellie LOOVVEEESS all the Elmo things you got her! She's so cute with the little stamp and little tiny Elmo. I love it! Thank you so much for being so sweet.
Talk to you soon,
Marci

Jeff and Ali said...

You are so funny! I love that you can actually write what you are thinking. I am so not good at that. You have so many talents, and I love checking to see what new and exciting things you have been up to. You are such a good mom and you have an adorable baby! You just keep up the GREAT work!!

allison said...

On the one hand, that's great that you aspire to so many things! On the other hand, don't tire yourself out girl! I wish I could be a lot of those things too...just take out violin and add piano and throw in sewing as well! From what I see on your blog, it sounds like you're doing just great!