Monday, June 1, 2009

Bedtime Routine

I read lots and lots about routines, what to do during the day, how to go about getting your baby to sleep through the night, and the bedtime routine. I was told to start it at around six weeks, and since Rosalie turned six weeks last friday we decided to start. It is lots of fun to give her a bath, she loves the bath, and then get her dressed and snuggle her and then read her a book, even though she doesn't understand yet, then I sing (my voice is terrible, I really feel bad for her) and then we say family prayer and I put her in her crib if she is drowsy. It seems to be working well, the last couple of nights she has fallen asleep on her own in the crib. She really is a little sweetie. Even though at times all she wants is for us to hold her, she does not make life miserable or hard. I am tired, but she is so cute that it doesn't even bother me. The last few nights she has extended her sleep by an hour consistantly waking up at 3 to eat instead of 2, so it has been nice to get the extra hour of sleep, or at least the idea of the extra hour. For some reason I still wake up, I think I'm crazy, I wake up almost every hour sometimes to make sure she is ok, I don't get up, I just listen to the monitor to hear her breath. She sleeps in her room in the crib now, I just couldn't keep her in our room anymore because I couldn't get any sleep with all of the noises she makes. One milestone I am just dying for her to get to is the smiley stage, she smiles now very randomly and rarely, I have no idea what makes her smile because she doesn't seem to be looking at me or at anything in particular when she does smile. But I think she is happy.
This is not really a smile, it almost looks like one though.


She still hates tummy time and cries after only a few minutes on her belly, but she is so strong so I'm not too worried. She can hold her head very steady for a long time, she loves standing on my lap or my belly and looking around the room.

She is so much fun, and I can't imagine life without her. She is getting so chubby, it is really cute. Sean thinks she is the cutest and loves to hold her all through church, he says that is when she is the happiest, in the morning, and he doesn't get too many mornings with her.
I have her room almost finished, I just have to figure out how to hang the curtains, we have cement outer walls, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to rig something up from the ceiling. When I have that done I will post pictures, it is turning out really really cute.

2 comments:

Chris and Brooklyn said...

No worries about tummy time. Macie hated it, she wouldn't even last 1 minute until she was a few months old and now she is sitting up and rolling over just fine! She is so cute! That picture totally counts as a smile!!

Linda said...

You are amazing parents!!!
Rosalie is so blessed to have you.
Court..I would love a CD with all the pictures to date of Rosalie. Is there any way I can give you $$ for that. I want to send pictures of her to the grandparents and aunts and all that. Let me know?
Love you. She is beautiful. She smells divine!