Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm Grateful

Father's day nap, Sean opened his eyes just as I took this picture, the flash woke him up. Don't they look cute together?
Today I am grateful for many things.
1. I'm grateful for Sean and all the hard work he does for our little family.
2. I'm grateful for Rosalie and all the joy she brings to our lives.
3. I'm grateful for the chance I have to be a stay at home mom.
4. I'm grateful for our friends and family that helped us get everything we needed for Rosalie.
5. I'm grateful for the beautiful weather we have had for the past couple of days.
6. I'm grateful for visitors that keep me sane after hours of baby talk with Rosalie.
7. I'm grateful for my family and for how much they love my Rosalie.
8. I'm grateful for visits with Aubrey almost every morning.
9. I'm grateful for the the gym, even though it makes me really sore.
10. I'm grateful for how close the gym is so that I don't have to drive, it makes it much easier to get there.
11. I'm grateful for our little house/apartment, it is the best.
12. I'm grateful for the washer/dryer in our house so that when Rosalie has explosions I can wash them right away.
13. I'm grateful for disposable diapers, I have no idea how people do the cloth ones.
14. I'm grateful for modern medicine and how much easier it has made it to bring beautiful babies into the world.
15. I'm grateful for Sean's job offer and the peace of mind it brings in these economic times
16. I'm grateful for the Gospel and that I am a member of Heavenly Father's church.
17. I'm grateful for the temple and the blessings that it brings my family.
18. I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation and for eternal families.
19. I'm grateful for my computer and the internet and blogs.
20. I'm grateful for cheap dates, and hanging out with Sean.
21. I'm grateful for frozen waffles and peanut butter for breakfast in a hurry.
22. I'm grateful for friends that don't mind when I disappear for a while because I'm terrible at keeping in contact.
23. I'm grateful for old tv shows that keep me entertained.
24. I'm grateful for naps.
25. I'm grateful to be alive.
26. I'm grateful for my dad (sorry I didn't post on Father's day), and I'm grateful for Sean as a dad to our little Rosalie, he is amazing!
I'm grateful for many more things, but I just can't keep listing them forever. Anyways, I just woke up this morning really happy despite the fact that Rosalie woke me up at 5:45 with an exploded diaper for the second day in a row, causing me to have to strip her down, throw everything in the wash and give her a bath before 6 a.m. She just gave me a big old smile and it made me laugh and realize how lucky I am to have all the things that I have. I really am one lucky girl!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Courtney:
This post made me cry. I know, I know! You guys make fun of me that I am so sentimental. It's just that in this cynical world, where there is so much negative things, I am so happy that one of my beautiful daughters chose to look on the bright side today. Therein is the recipe for happy living! I am grateful for you.You have added so much to our family. We needed you! I smile at the thought of saintly Rosalie doing something as awful as waking up her MOMMY with an explosion. Today has been a peaceful day. I am off to help Lori Sanders arrange flowers for her reception for Aaron tomorrow.
I am plugging along with this new lifestyle with my diet, and I am honestly getting used to it. I don't think about it that much anymore. I have my moments still but they happen less often. I have to be very intentional with what I put in the fridge and all that... but we are all benefiting from it. Hopefully one day I will reach my goal.
Thanks again for this post!It made my day. I love you.