Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Weekend

Rosalie had a big weekend this past couple of days. First she got to meet her uncles Stephen and Grey. My family came in on Saturday night after driving 24ish hours straight from Texas to make it here in time for Rosalie's blessing. They were so excited to meet her, and Grey did not want to put her down, he wanted to hold her the entire time.
Then on Sunday it was Rosalie's blessing, we got up early and got her all dressed. Of course she spit up all over the dress the second I put it on her before I even had the chance to put a bib on. Oh well, what can you do when your baby spits up constantly. It was a crazy morning, and unfortunately it was raining really hard, and it was a little cold for June. However, Sean gave her the most beautiful blessing, I cried, and then he bore his testimony and again I cried. I think it was one of the best fast Sundays ever. I was just so happy to have everyone I love most in the world there. Rosalie looked beautiful as usual, and she was calm and sleepy through the whole thing. We are so lucky to have such a sweet little angel baby. After we had some fun with the family over a yummy lunch at the Hartley house, thanks to everyone who organized it, I am so grateful.

Here are some pictures of our tiny family that we took when it stopped raining for a minute. That is why I am not dressed up and neither is Sean. Can you tell how tired I am? I think I had the longest night ever(I didn't go to bed when she did though, I had lots of things to do and I had to take her to see my family who were staying in Provo for the night and we were already in Layton), Rosalie did not want to sleep for very long, she woke up twice and so I think I only slept for like 4 hours or something crazy like that. She has suddenly decided she only likes her crib or someone's arms and cannot sleep long in the pack n' play. Oh well. Overall though, it was great and I love every minute of being a mom, even if I don't get any sleep. Sean thinks he is so funny, and I look stoned.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for this great post. Loved it!!!!!
You are for sure " goodly parents".
I am so impressed with you both and how calm and naturally you have taken on parenting. She was gorgeous on her blessing day. Sean's words and testimony unforgettable . I was bursting with happiness for you all.It was our privilege to host the luncheon to celebrate. Everyone loves you and were so glad to share the day
with you.
Rosalie is a blessing to us all!!!!
Love you.
Oh! It is always the best to see your family. I can tell how happy you are with them! The boys were so cute and I wish we all lived closer.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh Courtney, she is beautiful! Congrats!!!