Saturday, August 1, 2009

Healthy Living

Okay, so really this has to do with diet, exercise, and weight loss. I have always just loved to eat and eat and eat and always whatever I wanted. Then later I feel fat and regret eating everything in site and not being quite the slimmer size that I wish to be. Sean loves to eat too, so we tried eating healthy for the first part of our marriage, but as the first year goes we gained our bit of marriage chub, without even noticing. Well that was all fine and dandy, but then I got pregnant and I wanted to eat healthy for the baby. So we did eat really healthy and didn't keep too much junk in the house but I of course would have my snacks when I wanted them and didn't deprive myself of anything so that Rosalie would get all of the nutrients she needed. Well once Rosalie was born and I started nursing I was hungry all of the time, I mean ravenous. But Sean was dieting, and let me tell you, he looks amazing. He is definitely an inspiration. I can't believe how good and dedicated he is to eating healthy during the week and exercising and only having junk on the free day. So I started doing it too to try and lose my pre-pregnancy weight that I gained before I got pregnant. I know this sounds rude but I had already lost my pregnancy weight within the first month, so I just have been working on getting to be what I weighed before we were married. At first I lost nothing for an entire month, it was very discouraging. But in the last three weeks it has just started coming off, and I am so excited so I had to brag about it. I feel like I am getting to be in the best shape I have been in for a couple of years and I feel really good and I am definitely seeing some muscle tone in my arms that I have never had before. It feels good to feel good. I am sore sometimes from my workouts, and I don't make it to the gym 6 days I mostly go 4 days a week and either walk with Rosalie or clean the house intensely on the days I don't go to the gym. But it has just been so nice to finally feel like I am doing the right thing to get into shape. I believe it has everything to do with feeding Rosalie. I think the extra calories that my body uses to make milk has given me the edge that I needed to lose this weight. I definitely recommend nursing to everyone who can when they have babies, I understand there are circumstances where that is just impossible. But it has made me feel fantastic. I feel so great right now, and Sean is getting in such good shape. It is fun, so hopefully next year when he graduates we will both still be in pretty good form and we can go on a fun vacation. I know that this probably is an annoying post to some people, but I just felt like sharing how good I feel. If you want to know about our diet or exercise program you can always ask.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am proud of you both!
I KNOW how hard it is.
I am excited to see you this week.
Have a good one until then.
Loves!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Wow! That is AWESOME! Way to go girl!

I'm jealous. I'd give anything to join a gym. I may have taken the weight off but toning is an entirely different matter. I try to work out at home but its hard with three toddlers and baby!

But I think you've inspired me.

Kristy and Dave said...

That's great to hear - congrats!

When are you guys moving out of Utah? I didn't realize Sean's parents were moving to California. I hope we still see each other occasionally!