Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pacifier

I don't know what to do, I need some advice. I think Rosalie is addicted to the pacifier. She won't go to sleep without it, and I think that is the reason why she has been waking up so often the last couple of weeks. She wakes up and wants me to put it back, and then two minutes after I get in bed she has dropped it again and wants me to go put it back. I would really like to sleep longer, and so today I made her go down for her naps without it and tried to get her to bed without it. She cried for almost an hour with me trying desperately to get her to calm down. It didn't work an I caved in and gave it to her. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do without making her cry so much?
On top of that I think her teething is worse this week, her bottom gum is so swollen and she drools so much. In fact I went to pick her up when she woke up from one of her naps and she was sleeping in a puddle of drool, disgusting. Poor baby. She also tries to bite anything that is put in front of her, toys, blankets, spit up rags, my shoulder, you name it and she tries to bite it. I just wish that if her teeth are coming that they would just break through already and give her a break. Any suggestions on anything I can do for her with this as well would be very welcome. Thanks all!!!

3 comments:

Tricia L said...

Poor baby. Teething is no fun. I don't know what to do about the binki thing. For the teething thing, try giving her a pickle to chew on. I know it sounds gross, but the cold is very soothing on the sore gums and the vinegar numbs the pain. She'll probably pucker up at first but that's the best part. Every baby I know that has tried it ends up loving the pickle. One of my aunts who was a pediatrics nurse learned this and swears by it. Tylenol also helps with the pain.

allison said...

I've heard letting them chew on some eyes helps and sort of numbs it for a little bit. Other than that...poor little baby, I don't know, we haven't been to that point yet. I'm sure you could give her some Tylenol. The binky thing...in order to ween her kids off of the binky my sister snips the binky part so they don't work anymore and it works but that's when they're older...she probably likes chewing on it so that's a tough one. The answer is...make her teeth come in, but I guess you can't do that! Good luck!

Linda said...

I was sad I could not come today. I made it home pretty late! I am off to take a shower.... but on Rosalie's binky addiction... hahaha... ( sounds funny) I think the Tylenol at bedtime is a great idea. Perhaps she is using it to soothe her gums and upcoming teeth. I put teething toys in the freezer, but what worked best was well timed Tylenol... before the pain was unbearable. That's the key!
Lot's of patience also, because it does pass, and she will be your happy easy going baby again. Night time is the worse time for teething pains so it makes sense that she is waking up! Hang in there!
Give her a kiss from her Gammy.