Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Baby is So Old: 4 Months!

My little monster is getting so big, I just can't believe how fast it goes by. She is now 4 months old, as of the 17th. She is very smiley and fun. She has grown in so many ways. I love watching her learn new things. She rolled over, I caught it on video, and now she won't do it anymore. I guess she hated it. She still loves standing, here is a pictures of her doing it, it is very hard to catch her leaning on something alone on camera because she gets excited and tries to jump and ends up sitting back down.She has her new jumper toy and absolutely loves it. She is totally into discovering all the toys attatched to the jumper, it is very cute. And I love when she gets excited and starts jumping.She laughs, but not a real giggle. I just don't know how to make her laugh super hard, she is a tough one. She will squeal, and I think she starts to laugh but scares herself in the process and then stops. It is kind of funny. She loves to talk, especially to Sean, everytime he comes home from school/work she just starts talking right away. She is very squirmy on her tummy when she is angry. I will put her facing one direction and then I turn around and find her turned 90 to 180 degrees. She is definitely a mover. She also reaches for everything you can imagine, my drink, my food, my phone, my spoon, all of her toys, and her pacifier. And of course she tries to put everything she reaches for in her mouth to chew on it, I think she might be teething. Here is a picture of her chewing on her apple toy.
I had a little photo shoot of her at Target, she was not in a good mood, but there were a couple of cute shots. I think it was just too hot in their studio and she did not like it.

Now onto the sleeping habits, I think she was not feeling good and that is why she didn't sleep well, I attribute it to the fact that she might be teething, so I gave her some tylenol and she slept well again at night. But I don't want to give it to her all of the time, so hopefully she will do ok without it. I only gave it to her for a couple of nights, but it seemed to help. She is so funny right now, she drives me crazy because she takes her pacifier out of her mouth now and then gets angry as if someone else did it. It is funny to watch when you aren't really tired. She likes to take it out of her mouth and chew on the side of it instead of suck on the binkie part. She is sleeping better at night, but her naps are still awful. She takes catnaps, like 4 short 30 minute to an hour naps throughout the day. I know she wants more sleep because she becomes such a grouch, but I just can't convince her to sleep longer. I go in because she is crying and I try to get her back to sleep, but as soon as she sees me she smiles and starts jabbering. I am at a loss of what to do. I probably should let her cry, but she doesn't seem to fall back to sleep, she just gets more worked up. Oh well, I guess the days of great naps are over, hopefully not.


3 comments:

Linda said...

I am so happy that you put up with all the hastle of coming all the way to do family pictures. Rosalie was adorable and your little family looked gorgeous. I hope they turned out! I will get you the CD as soon as I get it.
Sorry about the restaurant thing. You two are looking so healthy and wonderful.
Have a great weekend. I am coming on Saturday to help Marci with Ellie so she can clean house. It's all exhausting! I am sure she will be so glad to have these next weeks over with.
We love you tons!

Jeff and Ali said...

Is that the Baby Einstein jumper? Quinn loves his too! They are life savers!!

Chelsea said...

She is the sweetest looking little girl ... I can tell you are just the cutest mom too! Love her red/white Gap outfit .... have the same one for my Evie! Aren't girls so fun?