Sunday, February 22, 2009

Planning

My mom says that I always want to know the future, I call it planning ahead. Like right now I feel like I am in limbo, a few things have become more definite right now, but I still am unsure about other things that I would like to have planned. For example, where are we going to be living once we get back to Provo? I have been apartment hunting like crazy the last few weeks, and have found a couple that seem promising now. I was almost scammed by a really good deal that just about crushed my spirit. The thing that I have found most frustrating in trying to find a place is that people take forever to get back to me. I call them and ask for pictures of the apartments (I can't exactly get to Provo quickly to look at the places) and it takes these people days to get back to me. If I were the one trying to sell my contract or get someone to rent my apartment I would have those things on hand and ready to email at a moments notice, but that just doesn't seem to be the case for anyone else. At least the date of our departure from Texas has been set for March 10, so I have one thing planned. But I still get nervous about not having a place for us to live by April. We will stay with Sean's parents for a couple of weeks, but I would like to move into a place by April 1st so that I can set things up for the baby. I really hope she will come on time and not a day earlier so that I can have everything perfect. I make lists all the time of what I have for her, what I need to get, when I'm going to get it. And now I would love to make a diagram of how I will set up her room, but I have to find her a room before I can do that. I know that sounds crazy, but I love using this website (www.floorplanner.com) and rearranging my furniture online, since I can't exactly do it for real. But now I don't know where we are going to live, so I can't put in the floorplan of the place and set things up. I'm weird, but it was how I used to kill time at my most horrid job of my life. It is also fun because I can see if things fit because you can input all the dimensions of things so that they are in the right porportions. Anyways, so that is what I am up to right now, planning for the unknown and trying to ease my mind.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I feel your pain. It's so hard being in limbo! So many things are happening at once, but the most important that is that you take great care of yourself, and de-stressing is so important! When you get here we will help you the best we can. The first few weeks of the after Rosalie is born she will sleep in the basinet by you two, so you have a little more time.
I am praying for you to find a good place to reside this last year in Provo. Hang in there!
We love you, You are doing a great job! Love,
Grandma

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Your not weird. I'm a total planner. I was in the same boat as your in this past summer. I was constantly looking for apartments and couldn't agree more that people take FOREVER to get back to you. I finally just started praying that everything would work out and miraculously a perfect place became available and the whole process of getting things squared away was so smooth. Good thing we can be blessed with help:)

And thanks for posting up the website for arranging your rooms. We are moving again and that site will be a huge help!

Chelsey said...

Hey if you want I will go check out apartments for you and take pictures...If the people actually do get back with you and will set an appointment for me to go check it out for you. I can even do a video for you. Let me know okay? Hunter and I are always looking for something to do!

If you do want me to just write me a note on facebook or something and I will send you my phone #