Friday, February 1, 2008

I am so excited and I don't know why

I am so excited and I don't know why. The reason I am excited is because things are going amazingly well. Sean is loving school, I'm only 3 months away from graduation, and in a couple of years we are going to be working in the real world.
Sean spent today in Salt Lake and Earnst & Young, an accounting firm, getting to know the way accounting jobs work. He learned more about how the internships work and was able to make a good impression on a recruiter. He has applied to two mini internships for this summer where he would be spending a few days with the firm I guess shadowing or something. I'm not quite sure, but I know that it would be a really great experience for him. I'm really excited about all of it. For the interview for one of the mini internships for KPMG there is a get to know the spouses thing on Wednesday night next week. I'm really excited to go, this is my first business dinner type of experience. I have to look like a professional and make a good impression on the recruiters just like Sean does, they are not only recruiting the workers but the wives as well. So they will be judging me just as they are sizing up Sean to see if he is good for the job. I think it is really neat. I think I'm a pretty sociable person and can make a good first impression, at least I hope so. My MComm class talks all about these situations, there was a whole chapter on proper etiquette which I am prepared to use. I just hope that I don't ruin it for Sean.
We were talking about the places that he would be interested in working at and he mentioned that Houston is one of the two top choices. I would be so so so so so excited if we could end up there. I have friends there and we would only be a few hours from my family, and I really just loved growing up in Houston. It would be a dream come true if we could live there. I know that it won't be set in stone for a while, so I'm going to try to not get my hopes up, but that is very hard. I'm so excited about it, and I don't even have reason to be excited yet.
Another exciting thing is that we found this really cool apartment that we might be interested in. We would be neighbors with one of Sean's friends from the accounting program, and we would have a washer and dryer. We could possibly have a dog there too. We will be looking into this and figuring out whether we will move or not. If we do move I will be sad though, as excited as I am to have a dog and W/D, I would miss my ward. I really love the people here. I have made so many great friends. It would be sad to not go to church with them and see them every week. I think that this is something we will have to consider carefully because I want to make sure that we are happy.
On a side note, today at the gym my shoes were wet and I slipped off of one of the machines and almost landed on my butt. This guy had to help me lift the machine back into place because I couldn't do it on my own. Sean didn't even notice he was so into his workout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that is funny that you slipped on your butt. Sad, but really funny. I want you guys to move closer to us, but that we be so awesome to be close to your family. Especially if you are expecting to expand anytime soon! Tell Sean way to go, and I'm so excited for you to gratuate. What an accomplistment, you should be proud of yourself.

Marce said...

loved this blog- you're cute! even though i don't want us to be so far away, i hope that houston really works out for you guys! that sounds awesome!