Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Being Sick makes me emotional

I have had some sort of virus the last couple of days which has made me achey and have a sore throat and a headache and a stuffy nose. Last night I was watching this show on ABC about how people react to racism or people being mean. They had two actors in a shop one was muslim in all of her religious clothing, and one was a worker. He would yell at her and say racist comments and refuse service and they were watching with cameras for the reactions of the people around them. 22 of the people did nothing, 6 told the clerk good job you're a great american and we agree with you, only 13 people stood up for the woman. It made me so sad, they had a woman who is really muslim and lives through this type of stuff everyday. I don't know how people can act like that, it made me cry because people are so mean. I couldn't belive that people can be so racist, I wish that I could be there to help stand up for those people all of the time, but I am only one person. Then today I was reading an article from my yahoo home page about Anne Frank, they found a picture of the boy who she loved and are going to be putting it in a museum. That also made me cry, I just don't understand how they could have killed so many innocent people. Children too, how could they treat them so meanly and unkind and kill them. It is just so not Christlike. I just don't understand it and I'm sitting here crying for all of the people who are persecuted and murdered and I just wish that there were something I could do to help or prevent these horrible things from happening. I can't believe I'm crying, I blame it on the fact that I'm on bc and I'm sick. The two combined make me so sensitive. I really do wish there were something I could do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wathced that show too! It was so sad, people were so rude. I hated being on bc too, it made me so hormonal, but it only gets worse when your prego.

Mike said...

It's been a crazy year for sickness, that stinks that it hit you too. At least you got to watch those shows. It all sounds really sad though. I hope you feel better soon!