Friday, October 28, 2011

This past week

Well last week I went to my dr appointment and was having a regular day, picked Rosalie up from the sitter and did a couple of things and came home to find we had been broken into. They took all of our electronics and some jewelry and a few random things. It shattered our happy little world. I had been getting everything ready for baby and felt that the house was finally in order and settled and was ready for her to come any day. Luckily she is still hanging out in my belly so that we could pick up the pieces and re-organize. I have had a roller coaster of emotions, hours where I cry uncontrollably, hours where I'm fuming mad, and hours of acceptance, normal emotions of grief.
This last year has beena really bizarre one for our family, we have had trials from all ends of the spectrum but we are still managing. It hasn't been easy, but I'm so grateful for the things we have, and right now I'm so grateful that baby Ruth is about to join our family. She is going to bring joy and happiness that only a new angel from heaven can bring, and I can't wait to meet her. I have anxiety about how I can handle two kids, but I think this will be one of the greatest blessings for us and for Rosalie to have a sister. I know this started out a bit negative, but i had to get through that in order to move on. I'm grateful for my husband who works so hard and supports us, I'm grateful for the love and support we received from our family and friends through this crazy time, and I'm grateful for the gospel and the knowledge I have that gives me strength through trials.
The dr said Ruth will probably be here by November 4th and we just can't wait, I have a list of things I want to get done, and I hope to take Rosalie trick or treating, she has so many costumes and looks cute in all of them, once I can I will post pictures of those. For now there are no pictures for my blog, but soon.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

You are going to be an excellent momma of 2! I wish I could be there to meet Ruth when she arrives. I love you, and I expect a text when she gets here. :)

Courtney and Nate said...

I worried about being a mom of two also. It's really tough in the beginning (or at least it was for me), but it gets easier every day. You're gonna do great!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I don't know if I could be as positive as you, what an example you are. I am so sorry to hear that happened, but I am even more amazed at your strength, which means handling two kids is going to be nothin for you;) I can't wait to see Rosalie in her Halloween costumes and I really can't wait to see pictures of baby Ruth, I already know she is going to be beautiful!!

Linda said...

I had posted on this post of yours I don't know what happened.?
I am thinking of you and praying hard that all will be extra well for you.
Love you and hope you had a fun time with each other yesterday. YOU will love being a MOM of two, but it does take getting used to it. YOu are so organized, you will figure out your system that works for you. Mucho amor! xoxox

catherine said...

Courtney, so sorry to hear that you were broken into. That would be horrible anytime, but most especially when you're trying to get everything in order for the new baby. She is a doll and I hope everything is going well!!