Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rosalie's First Day


Rosalie came out and I held her for a total of fifteen minutes and they had to take her away from me to the NICU. They didn't like that she wouldn't really cry when she was born and they wanted to check her lungs to make sure that everything was ok. She isn't really a crier still. But they had to put a mask on her to make sure her lungs inflated fully, she wore it for an hour. Then they noticed her white blood cell count was high and were worried she might have some sort of infection so they put her on antibiotics. They had to stick both her hands and it wouldn't work, so she has little bruises, and they finally got the iv in her arm. It was really sad because I didn't get to see her for four hours and no one remembered to tell me what was going on. So I finally got upset and made the nurse take me to the NICU to see her. Sean and my Mom stayed with her the whole time she was up there. Then when they were done with her medicine they gave her a bath and her first shot and she came to hang out with us in our room until bedtime. She is so wonderful and I love her so much, she is getting so cute and so big fast, I can already see that she has grown since we brought her home from the hospital. Sean made a video of Rosalie's first day, here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rj03LrFLE4

Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Marce said...

she really is a little miracle! post some pictures of her!!!! i want to see her adorable face :) love you!

Brittany and Marcin said...

I love that video. Congratulations!!!

Megan said...

Oh she is just a doll! Great job!!! I am sure you two are just loving parenthood - what a blessing your little baby is. I can't wait to see more pictures - loved the video!

Ruthie said...

Wow courtney Congrats! she is beautiful. Who would have guessed differently! I loved your labor and delivery post. It was like I went through the whole experience with you. Can't wait to watch the video on you tube. Going to do that right now infact. You two are going to be such great parents.

Linda said...

She couldn't possibly any more perfect. I had a blast wit your MOM and DAD and Aubrey celebrating Rosalie. I haven't seen Sean so happy since... he was a kid!
We are so blessed that you are here.
xoxoxox