Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas

I am so excited for Christmas, infact I was excited for the weekend after Thanksgiving so that I could get a tree and decorate it and decorate my house. I am so sad that the tree that I wanted to get at Target (not a real one) is all sold out. It is also sold out in American Fork, so right now my house is lacking in Christmas decor. I put up the few things that I have that don't go on a tree, but I am really sad. My favorite thing is to decorate the tree and listen to Christmas music and eat cookies. That is a tradition that I wanted to start in my family, unfortunately it was put to a halt this year due to the lack of the tree. Luckily we will be celebrating Christmas in Texas with my parents and brothers and sister and they will have a tree. I just wish that I could have my house all festive for when people come over. I want my house to be a warm inviting and comfortable place that people love to visit. I hope that when we have children that they will want to spend time at the house and invite friends over and that people will love our home and that the spirit will be felt in our home. I kind of feel like Christmas decorations help to bring the spirit of Christmas and provoke thoughts of the birth of Christ making it a wonderful season. It is just so sad that the trees are all sold out, I could order them online, but then it would take over a week to get here and by then we will be leaving for TX so this year we are treeless. I guess we could get a real tree like last year, but it makes the worst mess and technically we are not supposed to have them in Wymount.

2 comments:

Marce said...

court! i can't believe you've been holding out on me...YOU BLOG!? that is awesome! so did you finally get a tree? i'm excited to read up on all your secrets :)

Marce

Anonymous said...

Courtney! I found you through Marci's blog! I miss you and Sean, I really loved haning our with you guys when you were engaged and we lived down there. We need to catch up, oh ya this is Cassie! Merry Christmas!