Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New Hobby

the bad quality photos comes from my phone, sorry.

don't look too closely at the onesie or you will see my mistakes
I have found a new hobby. I just needed something new to do to keep me entertained, and I had a few baby shower gifts to make so I decided to take up sewing/crafting. I called my friend Mallory, a home-ec teacher to help me get my sewing machine up and running. And I went to the fabric store, so much fun, I just wanted to buy everything. There are so many beautiful fabrics I had a hard time only getting a few. Then I got started. I first made a few tie onesies for my friend's little baby boy Max. Then I decided to try something girly and make some fabric flowers. I love how they all turned out. The onesies I sewed the tie on after using an iron-on applique so that they wouldn't fray. The flowers I made by hand.
This hobby totally beats the alternative of what I would really like to do. I want to be the most amazing baker, but I feel like I would gain 50 to a 100lbs if I started making everything I want to try. So I have started with sewing. I think I will try the baking thing when we have a bigger budget for ingredients and I have more time to spend at the gym to work off everything I have tasted while I am baking. I one day would like to own a bakery, that way I can make things and not worry about eating them all by myself. But for now I will sew.

2 comments:

Kristy and Dave said...

We're coming up on Saturday - we should totally try to get together sometime next week before you leave! We have a Christmas party on the 23rd but any other night works for us.

Linda said...

Awesome! I am so proud of you! You are so talented! Sean and Rosalie are blessed to have you. Now you are armed with a sewing machine? You don't cease to amaze me.