Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keeping Busy

I have been keeping busy by trying to find a job while we are here. I am hoping to find something so that I don't just sit at home and eat all day. I don't want to look like a giant marshmallow at the end of my pregnancy. I have been going walking, but sometimes it makes my left leg hurt all day and then I end up sitting on the heating pad all evening, it is ridiculous. I also have totally lost my center of gravity or something because I seem to always trip up the stairs, it is ridiculous how clumsy I am now. Oh well, it don't get any better until it has gotten worse first, it will be an interesting next few months. I am really enjoying the city now, I realized that we are living amongst the million dollar homes of Houston. We are right next to an elementary school and by this very popular park where everyone comes to walk and jog. We are 2 seconds away from a golf course so that Sean can go whenever he wants, it is pretty cheap for golf. It only takes me 10-15 minutes to get to the Galleria, where all the fun shopping is, and it only takes me 10-15 minutes to get to Sean's work from here. I am starting to figure my way around here, and it is a great adventure. Now I just need to find some work so that while Sean is gone all day I have something to do, and I can use the money to buy lots of cute things for my little monster. She is so active these days, it is a lot of fun. A picture will be posted soon I promise, I just have to get Sean in the mood to take one. Oh, today was the first time a stranger came up to me and said anything to me about being pregnant. He just said "Congratulations," I was confused at first but then I realized he was talking about my belly. It was weird. At least he didn't try to give me any advice, that would have been really weird.

2 comments:

Linda said...

hahaha. Courtney you are so funny. I would have loved to see your face when a perfect stranger said: " Congratulations!" I think it would have been hilarious if he gave you advise, like what cream to use for stretch marks! Anyways, I am glad that you are liking your town and that things are going better. SOunds like a good plan to have a job so you are happier and less bored.
Remember, you are a gorgeous girl and we miss you. We send our hugs and wish you were closer! We miss you!

Unknown said...

At least he didn't try to touch your belly, either! I hate that!!! Super awkward...