Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chronicles of Narnia


So for the first time ever I read all of the books in the Chronicles of Narnia, they were fantastic. I would recommend them to everyone. It is so weird how in tune to the spirit that C.S. Lewis must have been, I can see all the symbolism of the gospel in these books, and it makes me wish I could be as in tune as he was even though he wasn't even a member of the church. I have been thinking lately how lame I am and really hope that I can be an example to people around me and show through my actions my testimony of the gospel, these books just reminded me of everything I believe in and everything that I want to be. The last book is especially moving and has some things that make me sad that would make me sad in real life too. I don't want to say too much incase someone hasn't read the books so that I don't spoil the endings for you. I just hope that I can be a better example and a good person. And seriously read the books, they are so much fun and really easy to read.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Courtney:
I hope that you will have a blast in Texas with your family! Tell them I said HI. I am inspired to re-read the Narnia books again! Thanks for te Inspiration.
Have a great week. I think you are amazing!
Love
Linda

Marce said...

i love love love these books!!! they're the best!! you made me want to re-read them since it's been a while.

Kelly said...

I've never read these and I've been wanting to, you just made me want read them even more now!! They will have to go on the list!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Hey!!! I didn't know y'all have a blog?!?! I was on Britt's and noticed your name. I agree the books are fantastic. Well I haven't read them all yet, but I am actually in the process of it right now. So really I've only read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and Prince Caspian. Love them though!!!!

Ruthie said...

I love CS Lewis's books too. So inspiring! Oh and by the way I loved your post on "nothing". Sometimes thats how I feel as well. Even with kids and a dog!

Jessica Macdonald said...

I have never read them, but was thinking about reading them just this past week. You've motivated me. Sure love you. You are such a great example to me Courtney and such a good friend.