Friday, January 21, 2011

November

November started out just fine, but did not end well, which is the reason for my blogging hiatus. We had planned to go to Florida with my family and when we were about 2 hours away from our destination we got a phone call from my mom. Our friend's plane had crashed and it did not look like there were any survivors. He was the pilot and was flying with his MIL and Uncle. A really thick fog had come over that area all of a sudden and the airport they were landing at did not have to proper equipment to handle it. They missed the runway by 30 seconds air time and landed in the water. We were all devastated. We continued to drive and meet my family and be with them at that time. We arrived at around 2 in the morning, went to sleep, and then got up and helped everyone pack so that we could all go back to TX. We spent Thanksgiving alone. Not because we didn't have many kind offers from people to go be with them, but because we just couldn't handle being with anyone. The following week we attended the funerals. These people were not just our friends, they were our family, and this has forever changed our lives.
I could not find anything happy to blog about for a while, which is why I haven't posted anything. I had so many plans to have beautiful pictures of Rosalie playing on the beach and having fun with my family. But I have nothing. I am still very sad, but things are getting better. I just continue to pray for their family that they will recover from the loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that!! Sending prayers too all that new them!!

Marce said...

Such a horrible thing. Glad you guys are ok- but I think of the colemans all the time- hope they are hangin in there ok- and you and your fam too.