Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blessing in Disguise

Well, my boss was a jerk and was killing me for a long time. I have been wanting to quit basically since I started working there. This week she kept saying how there isn't enough work for me and that she doesn't really need me and so I got so fed up with the other abusive things she was saying to me that I quit/was let go for not really having a position there anymore. At first I was really stressed out about this worrying what the heck am I going to be doing for the next few weeks before we move, I can't just not be working or I will go crazy. So I went to the mall today and pretty much have a job already, of course I'm not really making as much money as I was at the horrid job, but it will be fun and keep me really busy for the holiday season, and I will be able to use medicaid instead of having to pay a ton for insurance and the deductible. So pretty much it all worked out. I worked for the wicked witch for too long I think, I should have quit a week ago, I feel so relieved. I cannot explain to you the misery I have been living in the past few months/year of working there. Sean will finally get to stop listening to me complain about how I hate my job and wish I could quit now and that my boss makes me cry because she is so mean to me for no reason and just treats me like dirt. I have never been so underappreciated at a job before and it was really hard for me, I am just so happy that I could quit and get a job so quickly and that everything will be ok for us. Technically I don't really need to work right now, financially we would be fine, but I need something to do to keep me busy and from going crazy. I am so happy, I feel so light like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I thought quitting would be a bad thing, luckily it has turned into a blessing in disguise.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am glad that you are relieved ! Things always have a way of working out for our good if we keep trying our best. Where are you working? I hope there are super nice people there.
We'll visit this weekend.
Congratulations on the new JOB.
Love,
Linda